Cornerstone Church Winchendon is into week 3 of a congregation-wide study written by, Daniel McNaughton and Bryan Koch, entitled Follow: Learning To Follow Jesus. Each Sunday our pastoral staff is preaching from one of the seven attributes covered in the book while the congregation reads the daily devotions and participates weekly in a life group focused around the topic at hand.
The group I am tasked with leading has been dubbed “Turbo Follow”. Rather than approaching the class as a traditional Bible study we have chosen to act as an accountability group. The class begins with a brief overview of the daily devotionals. Then participants break into smaller, accountability groups. Each group participant asks questions of their fellows concerning the teachings. At the end of each class individuals are asked to decide what God would have them do in light of what they have learned. Then we pray for each other.
This post is a weekly follow-up of our class. For those of you who are unable because of business or geography, to join us on Thursdays this blog is a perfect way to virtually join in on the fun.
Last week our devotion covered Learning to be with Jesus:
Day 1: Learning to remain in Jesus
Day 2: Learning to recognize “fruit” in our lives
Day 3: Learning to be with Jesus by reading the Bible
Day 4: Learning to be with Jesus through prayer
Day 5: Learning that being with Jesus will affect our relationships with others
Here are the questions we asked in our Turbo Follow group last Thursday:
Turbo- Follow Questions- Attribute 1 Learning To Be With Jesus
1. On a scale of 1-10 1 being not well at all and 10 being the best. How did you do on the commitment you made in the last class over these last two weeks? How could you improve that number by 1 in the week ahead?
2. As you read this week you noticed an emphasis on reading the Bible. On a scale of 1-10 how is your Bible reading going? On the same scale how is your prayer time going?
3. If you could learn one thing from the Bible what would that be? Where could you find information about learning that?
4. If you could change one thing about your prayer time what would that be?
5. What are you going to do this week to further these goals?
How are you doing on your goals?
This week we are focusing on Attribute 2: Learning to listen to Jesus
Here is a question I have been meditating on all week from our study. On a scale of 1-10 1 being the least and ten being the greatest how blessed do you feel?