Have you noticed that the world has gone bonkers?
I guess the world has always been bonkers…well at least since that Adam and Eve with the tree episode.
Every once in a while though the world just chooses to show its true nature more flamboyantly than others. Now is such a time. This has been a season of “Wowsie-Wowsie-Woo-Woo” to beat the groovy off a hippie poet.
I guess I should not be much surprised by what is happening in the world. This is what God has been telling people to prepare for… for well a long time. Maybe part of the problem is we really didn’t believe God or His prophets or His Word.We don’t really want to accept that the truths of the end of the Bible are coming to pass before our eyes.
The Christian believers among us want to keep believing that Jesus is coming back to judge the world, but we want it to be painless. We want it to happen. We even say “Even so Lord Jesus come quickly.” We just don’t want anything to do with the process of His coming. We certainly don’t want to admit that there are aspects of our lives which will experience that process of judgment, because we’ve let bits of the world’s bonkers into ourselves.
Bonkers is going to be with us for a little while longer folks. So we had better figure out what to do with it. Here are some suggestions for dealing with bonkers:
- Focus on God not the world– worship, pray, read the Word, fellowship with other believers who are focusing on God not the world.
- Focus on the mission– God gave us a job to do. We are to reach the people around us with the good news of Jesus Christ. Do your job and stop focusing on things that are not your job.
3. Pray about things and leave the results with God.- Stop telling God how to do His job. Give Him the situations that are vexing you, that are above your pay grade and trust Him to deal with them.
4. Stay in your lane- God has given you an area of influence. Stop pretending its bigger than it is and influence things you actually have authority over. Stop trying to influence things outside your realm of influence. You will only make things worse by involving yourself in things you have no business in.
5. Choose the fruit of the Spirit not the works of the flesh-
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Galatians 5: 19-26
Thank you sincerely Joseph, for reminding me what I’m supposed to do. I am saddened and disheartened by the latest evidence that this world is falling. I’m angry and depressed. And here in your blog you gave me the wonderful hope that I was very sorely missing! Choose the fruit of the Spirit not the works of the flesh. spoke to me loudest. Plus the reminder to give God the burdens of our individual souls and then let them go and have faith and trust that He will take them on and deal with them. That it’s not OUR job to worry and fret about things we cannot change. Our job is to spread the word, to share hope and the messages of Christ. I needed to read this today. Bless you for bringing it to my eyes!
Dear Melanie I am so glad this ministered to your heart. The world is so full of distractions these days and the temptation to give ourselves to these distractions steals the authority we have been given in Christ. I face it every time I open facebook to post another devotional. I just keep reminding myself that the time is short and I have a job which nobody but me can do. Our blogs are our voices and our callings in the world (at least in part) and we must use them now and for as long as we cn to spread the light in the ever increasing in darkness. May you have great grace this day dear sister!