Solomon wrote, Prov. 13:34 (Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin [is] a reproach to any people.) years before the civil war that split his kingdom in two. Yet his words proved to be not only true but prophetic. The Northern half of Solomon’s kingdom continued to call themselves Israel , Prince of God, even as their wickedness led them further and further away from God into a blindness and folly that would become their ultimate undoing. I Kings 16 and 17 mark the ascension of Israel’s most infamous royal family culminating in the rule of King Ahab and his nefarious Queen, Jezebel.
Here is what I see in today’s chapters:
I Kings chapter 16 sermon topics/ titles:
1. Folly Will Take You From Dust To Dogs: I Kings 16: 1-10
2. How To Assure Short-Lived Glory: I Kings 16: 9-20
3. Defiance And Division Bring Only Destruction: I Kings 16: 21-34
I Kings chapter 17 sermon topics/ titles:
1. God’s Roadkill Blessings I Kings 17: 1-7
2. A Banqueting Table In the Presence of Mine Enemies: I Kings 17: 9-16
3. God’s Goodness Challenged: I Kings 17: 17-24
Now tell me what you see! 🙂
Write your own chapter charts post on I Kings 16 and 17 and link back to mine! It’s easy just come up with three life lessons from each chapter and boil them down into topic statements or titles like I have.