Transitions are always difficult. The larger the transition the greater the difficulty to be expected. In our chapters today, the nation of Israel was facing a major transition as King David neared the end of his earthly pilgrimage.
Here’s what I see in today’s chapters:
II Samuel chapter 24 sermon topics/ titles:
1. When God causes His King To Harm the Nation: II Sam. 24:1-10
2. Falling Into God’s Hands: II SAm. 24: 11-19
3. Making the Sacrifice Cost: II Sam. 24: 24,25
I Kings chapter 1 sermon topics/ titles:
1. The Repayment Of a Spoiled Child: I Kings 1:1-7
2. Priest Vs. Prophet: I Kings 1: 7-49
3. Calming the Transition Drama: I Kings 1: 50-53
What is the most difficult transition you have ever been through?
What do you see in these chapters?