Our District Pastor is fond of teaching the “10-80-10 rule.” That is, when you engage with a congregation it is always wise to remember that 10% of the people will think you hung the moon; Another 10% will consider you the spawn of Satan; And 80% will think very little of you at all, making their determinations about you on the basis of which 10% shouts the loudest at any given moment. This can be the greatest encouragement for an individual to flee leadership altogether and to go live in the woods like Grizzly Adams OR it can be an encouragement to base your leadership on principle rather than on the capricious favor of the masses.
David was learning this lesson hands down in II Samuel chapter 16 and 17. Here is what I see in today’s chapters:
II Samuel chapter 16 sermon topics/ titles:
1. When a Friend Turns His Back: II Sam. 16:1-4
2. When the Devil Comes Out of Hiding: II Sam. 16:5-14
3. Worn Down Under the Enemies Temptations: II Sam 16:13,14
II Samuel chapter 17 sermon topics/titles:
1. Planting The Enemy’s Destruction: II Sa. 17:1-16
2. The Despair Of Ego: II Sam. 17:21
3. The Men Sent To Provide: II Sam. 17: 27-29
Now tell me what you see! 🙂
More Nemo pics coming soon!